Thursday, February 1, 2007

Insomniac's lament

I haven't finished yet my criticism yet of J. California Cooper's story "Sisters of the Rain" and I am drafting my criticism of Ahmed Essop's story "The Hajji". I like James Baldwin's "The Rockpile".


Today, David and I visited his 102-year-old friend. We had dinner at the complex where she lives. I also had a good chat with her friend who paints. The sad thing is the painter has macular degeneration. It almost made me cry knowing how she loves painting and goes to the painting class held everyday in their activity center. They will be having a show this month. We saw her earlier paintings. They were MARVELOUS, as in to the maximum level raised to the power of ten times the speed of light...

Saturday David and I will be visiting the dentist.

Tomorrow, in class, we will study scansion, in poetry. I find it difficult. Imagine that. I had more than 20 poems published in college for my first degree in the school paper, about 15 poems in national publications (10 were selected and read by the late National Artist for Literature and Magsaysay Awardee Nick Joaquin), fellow for poetry in English in a national writers workshop and I find scansion hard. Ha!

Long live poetry!

No comments:

Post a Comment