Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Asian Family Day at the Memorial Art Gallery, Rochester, NY

For the last time, I am not Chinese! Many people think I am Chinese (though I have nothing against Chinese people. It's just that I am not Chinese). I am not made in China! Another person thought I am Mexican. Do I look like I just crossed the border? Though I must admit during summer I turn into an Asian. Ha, the sun scorches my skin and my darn little secret is revealed. Anyway, here are some snapshots of what happened during the Asian Family Day held at the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester, NY.
An American lady playing a Japanese traditional instrument.



Filipino-Americans showcasing the beauty of the Philippines.

Kids enjoy activities featuring Asian-related puzzles and paper constructions.


Writing Chinese characters.


Korean exhibit.


The long lost Asian boy, David.


Nepal booth.


The Vietnamese booth.

Traditional Korean dance.







A dance routine from the Pakistanis.


Yey, I'm flying! I'm flying!


Haiku-reading.

Newly-polished nails.


Indians and imports dance to Slumdog Millionaire's Jai Ho.


Chinese fan dance (mainit kasi).


Traditional Asian costumes.







Ay, si ate, si kuya at kung sinu-sino pa. Kumpletos rekados.
Ooops, smile na, swerte pa, smile na kamo. O, smile na, smile na.


O, ari o, bill na sing patahi. Siling ni nanay nyo bongga gid kuno.

No comments:

Post a Comment