Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lilac Festival

What is remarkable with the Lilac Festival is the crowd. Now, here are the people. Somehow, it is just like the Masskara Festival of Bacolod and Panaad sa Negros of Negros Occidental; though the Lilac Fest is subtle. Masskara is more colorful and noisy per mardi gras celebration. And Panaad is more festive. I hope my friends here in America try to visit Negros to appreciate the unique Filipino festivities.

The Lilac Festival is cutesy, and fragrant, though I can't pick the flowers lest I be arrested.

Here are some of the scenes:


Goats and other animals steal the show.
Well, if these little things were in the Philippines, they'd end up in the kitchen. Though I don't eat goat meat.




Hey, what's your name? Who's your daddy.


Goat to girl: "Hey, don't touch my bon-bon!"


A cute girl and goats who think they're cute. Well, they are.


Don't we look sexy?

No comments:

Post a Comment