Thursday, December 20, 2007

December Fever

On Dec. 1, David and I went to see a show at the Hochtein Music School featuring the Rochester Gay Men's Chorus. The show was called "Home for the Holidays." The group performed under their new principal accompanist, Tim Schramm. Some of the songs they performed were the same as last year's. However, this year's performance concentrated on innovation and form. Last year they had choreography for each song, this time they relied on vocal interpretation. "The musicality of songs" is what I mean. Of course, there was some choreography but they're subtle. Peabody Award winner (1994) Michael Lasser narrated the history of each songs in the repertoir.


The next night we watched "Garth Fagan Dance" at Nazareth College's Callahan Theather. I'm sorry to say this but it bored me so much that I asked David that we exit even before the show ended. I told David that the dancers' moves were like those of our neighbors back home when they get drunk on the night of the fiesta. I got bored because I've seen those movements before. I've seen our native people dance those steps, even better. I told David I regretted buying the tickets. We could have used the money to buy ice cream or a ream of paper.


We watched "The Devil Wears Prada," "The Queen," and "Little Miss Sunshine" on DVD last time.

This week we are watching "Finding Nemo," "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," "All About Eve," and "The Incredibles" on DVD because we can't find new copies at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment