Monday, December 3, 2007

The Saddest Art of Shoveling Snow

Headline: Three inches of snow. In the Philippines, malls decorate their Christmas trees with fake snow - shredded styrofoams or pre-manufactured to look like little beads, some of them in multi-color. And the air is filled with "Frosty the Snowman" song as well as "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas." I was excited when I first touched a snowflake or made my first snowball. But on the succeeding days when there were a lot of shoveling going on I said to myself I'd never want to experience snow again.

It is worse when you are going to school and taking the bus at 7 a.m. David and I have a wake up very early to shovel the snow in the driveway. (One billionaire here has a heated driveway so his staff need not have to shovel). One thing I like about shoveling snow though is I get the chance to exercise (which I badly need).
[Forward to the future: Dec. 2008. I apologize for the bad writing in the previous post. It was done in a hurry and I never had the chance to edit it. This post received the most hits. Especially that snowstorm hit the U.S. lately. Lately (this is Dec. 2008 guys), we were struck with 10 inches of snow. Now, that's extra work for me and David. Aaaaarrrrghhh!)

Filipinos think it is cool to have snow. It is COLD.


David on his way to the side of the house to check his electric meter. His Indian neighbors were on their driveway that day shoveling snow, too. Ooops, more of Sanjaya's vote.


David's beloved pine tree covered with snow.


Our pumpkins are still on the ground. You can't see it now as it is covered with snow.


Three inches of snow dude. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment