Saturday, March 29, 2008

Now, I'm Mexican

My professor made me a frog again today. Last time he just asked me to step forward and hold out my hands. He placed electrodes on me and test my muscle contraction. I was telling the class, "I don't want to be a frog in the next life." My seatmate said, "Oh, it is better to be a frog than be a rat or mouse or monkey. They're used in experiments more gruesomely." I couldn't agree more.


Well, today the professor asked me to lay down on the lab table to test my ECG. He made me as an example, for the students to follow the methods used in the lab. manual. Every table gets a laptop to work on the experiment, things that you will, perhaps, never see in school laboratory set ups back home.


However, when we finished the test, my seatmate (a black married lady and she's so nice) started talking. I told her that I am excited as I am going home in May. Then she told me that she will be going into a vacation with her family this summer. Then she said, in excitement, that she's going to Mexico! Then she started talking about the places she'd like to see there. Later she was frowning because I never seemed to give her tips about the places. She thought I am from Mexico.
Well, okay, I was mistaken as Chinese last time; now I am a Mexican.
Ola!
-stop-
-more for this entry as I am going to eat dinner-

No comments:

Post a Comment