Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Sad Art of Shoveling Snow

Outside the rain falls. Before it hits the ground it becomes snow. Snow piles up like the meerkats under their burrows on a frisky night. I am left to clear the driveway. I have chosen to do the work.

I am half-way done in my task. I just came in the house because my waist is aching. Is it my age? Possibly. The cold draft also left me with no choice but to retreat and take a breather. A cup of cocoa will do.

Later I am to read Ahmed Essop's short story "The Hajji" as we will have a quiz on Monday.

I am off to the kitchen.

WebMD.com advises: Don't shovel your own sidewalks and driveway unless you're physically fit. Well, I'm five fit and six inchis tol. And I'm Physical. Joke joke joke!

Okay, time to have some hot drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment