Saturday, September 29, 2007

Grapes Festival Etc.

I haven't accomplished anything today. I mean, I haven't read my textbooks etc. David dragged me to Naples today to witness the town's annual "Grapes Festival." He also dragged Pam with us. I cannot complain. It was fun.
We visited little stores out in the county on our way to Naples. Pam bought a grape pie and other stuff. At Naples I bought four bags of Concord grapes at a super discounted price - 95% less than the regular-priced grapes. Thanks to the little old ladies at a church in Naples. They were raising funds for their church mission projects. I like Concord grapes. I am used to the seedless jumbo grapes that I buy at the public market. I am now drunk.
We also visited cemeteries.
On our way back, taking the back route, opting to look at the beautiful foliage as fall is coming, rather than watch the highway if we took the expressway. We saw so many deer.
One time we had to slow down after seeing these creatures on the side of the road, Pam opened her window and shouted at the grazing animals, "Hey, get off the side of the road!" The stunned animals ran away.
We burst into laughter.
"Hey, those old deer let the fawn go first. They want that little guy dead first," Pam said being her usual analytical self.
"Yeah, probably they want to test if it's safe to cross or not," David replied.
With Pam around our trips never get boring. Love you Pam.
Grape pies anyone?

Unique windchimes.


Kids raising funds for their trip to Jamaica.


Their school.


Popcorn and other art exhibits.

2 comments: