Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm Bitter

Three international students were waiting for the college bus two weeks ago at the same site where I wait for the bus that goes downtown. I didn't approach them, though I know two of them. In fact, the two students were my classmates in my communication class two years ago [my, I've been here long].

I was just "bitter" over the fact that they were from countries whose candidates became semi-finalists in the 2008 Miss Universe beauty pageant. They were from Vietnam, Japan and India (or is she from Singapore?).

I'm bitter. Our candidate didn't even get the Miss Photogenic award (or was that category scrapped from the competition knowing that candidates from the Philippines will capture that award every year). I wouldn't know what to say if they mention about the pageant (though I am not sure how pageant crazy were they in their respective country).

Anyway, I congratulate you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment