Saturday, January 2, 2010

A 'Nice" Way to End 2009...

by having a car accident.
David and I were on our way home from Walgreens when it happened. The light was red and so we stopped when a car behind us hit us and shoved us under a chevrolet pickup truck in front of us.  The impact was great that it knocked off my eyeglasses. There were no damages to both cars that sandwiched us, but oh boy, David's car was wrecked (see pictures below). Good thing he was driving the car that day.  I usually drive for him. However, I was dismayed because we were talking about me buying the car from David as I need a vehicle for my clinicals.  It's a 2009 Toyota corolla and I loved it. Good thing David has another car or we would have been stuck at home for a month.  On the other hand, David is concerned that they culprit doesn't have an insurance to pay for the damages.
Now my back and shoulders hurt.  I have lidocaine patches. I took pain medications. And we are going to Hawaii next week. However, we were so glad that nobody was badly injured. 
Today, we went out hunting for cars again.  I guess we may have to get another corolla, a red one which I picked from the car dealership. I would have wanted a van but it doesn't give you a good gasoline mileage.
Now, we are driving David's Lexus with care.  And he's the one driving it.







1 comment:

  1. I´m glad to know you are fine Ferns. Accidents do happen. I´ll always pray for your safety especially when driving. It´s a good thing its not snowing there when that happened, as you very well know driving is even more accident prone. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete