Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Way to Celebrate the American Independence Day

It rained today, but not pouring rain. Just a little itsy bitsy rain. The ground needed it anyhow. O, I can just hear the plants (especially the grasses) sing with joy after tasting the first drops of rain after many weeks of dryness.

Rain just disturbs David. He doesn't like to go out when its raining. But not today. We actually went to Genesee Country Village and Museum. It is located at 1410 Flint Hill, Mumford, New York. Settled in a vast land are 68 historic buildings and 13 heirloom gardens.

Though it rained the museum held its Independence Day parade, complete with costumes. I really liked the 19th century feel. Good thing we were able to get our complimentary tickets after I opened a checking account. It was worth. I'll post the pictures later. The houses and buildings I have learned were removed from their locations (from various points in New York) and rebuilt exactly as they were. It's amazing!

Also held today was a Naturalization Ceremony. It said about 45 people were to take an oath to become American citizens. We arrived late for the ceremony. I haven't any Filipinos who were sworn it. A lot of the newly sworn in Americans were Indians (and now you know where Sanjaya got his vote!). District Court Judge Michael A. Telesca, who is a child of immigrants from Italy, presided over the ceremony. He said something magnificent about immigrants, but I forgot about it. I have to consult David about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment