Saturday, March 22, 2008

Birthday Bash

Last Sunday, March 16, was my birthday. Well, my "original" birthday, that is. I mean, the birthday that I came to know - which I celebrated since I was born. However, things changed when I was preparing my papers for my passport. I had to secure my birth certificate from my birth place (Bais City, Negros Oriental) and my record showed that my birthday on my birth certificate indicate I was born on May 16. I was devastated when I learned about it. I thought it just showed that I am adopted. But my parents insisted it was pure typographical error. Heck, we didn't go with the changing process, so I ended up with the May 16th on my passport. It was hard to accept it at first but you get used to it. Besides it is great to have two "birthdays."


So, last Sunday, after David and I attended church we went to Tillman's Restaurant which is a million miles away from Pittsford, even farther than Brockport. I almost fell asleep on the way there. I wore a coat and a tie, just for the heck of it. Don't underestimate the coat - it is Levi's brand. I dont know why I agreed with David to go to Tillman's. However, it was fun going to the place. It is more enjoyable to go there when it is Spring, and drop by Hurd's Apple Orchard to buy pies and stuff. That "little dinky place" (to borrow David's words) is a actually a chi-chi place (read: high-end place), Hurd's that is. Ah, the marvel of America - the more rustic (or even when it is about to fall down the ground and dusty) the more extravagant it is. Last year, we went to Holloway House to eat. It is about a hundred years old but most people here consider it a luxury place. The place was full of elderly people who loves the feel of the past. The prices of food would give my mother a headache as it could feed a family of five back home. Well, for David and I, we thank the coupon. He he...


David enjoying his dinner.

The seafood platter. Sorry guys, that is all what's left. Where's the box?


So, after the marvelous dinner - with seafood platter cooked to perfection - we dropped by a store just a few miles away from the restaurant. I've never seen a grand place. It looked like a big factory building outside but once you are inside you will see tons of expensive Christmas decorations and gift items. I was even adamant in touching a lifesize Santa, because it is worth almost or more than P100,000 (including the taxes).


Well, so much for a birthday celebration.

This Santa cost almost or more than P100,000.


David trying to control himself not to buy anything. (Oh, but I'm sure he'll be back there).

Me, having a bad hair day. Good thing Santa was there to comfort me.

***


David baked me his superdupermegaover delicious brownies. He uses some special ingredients that would make your mouth water. Sigh, I've been eating brownies for a week now, but golly, I eat it with ice cream! Ha ha


Pam also sent me an e-card and Sylvia, David's sister-in-law, left a greeting on the answering machine. The ladies at church greeted me. And I was able to call home and talked with my mother and brother.


However, I am a bit saddened that it was my first birthday without my father.

I would trade any of my remaining birthdays... just to have my father back.


No comments:

Post a Comment