Friday, October 26, 2007

Crouching Tiger out, West Bank Story in

After much thought and consideration I ended up changing the movie that I will critique for my film class.

Last time I submitted my proposal on "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" by Taiwanese director Ang Lee. However, last week, I borrowed a DVD at the library which featured the nominated short films in the 2006 Academy Awards. A short film entitled "West Bank Story" by director Ari Sandel caught my attention. I watched it over and over again. Each review proved to be enlightening and so engrossing that I decided to use this film instead. With all due respect to Ang Lee of course whose works I consider masterpieces. I truly liked his film "Eat Drink Man Woman" as well as "Brokeback Mountain". "Crouching Tiger", on the other hand, is one of my all-time favorite movies. I just think it is better to discuss a film which has timely significance.

I asked my good professor today if I could change my proposal. Good thing she said yes.

Lastly, I sent an E-mail to Mr. Sandel to inquire whether he would be available to answer some questions (through correspondence, of course) about his movie. His reply was:

So glad you enjoy the film and have chosen to write about it. Unfortunately I am on set and in the middle of another project so I wil be unable to answer any questions but you can go to westbankstory.com and click on Facts and all the answers will be there. Hope that helps. Thanks.

Ari

I'm disappointed in a way but I am glad that Mr. Sandel was courteous enough to respond to my E-mail.

I wonder what film is he making now.

No comments:

Post a Comment