Monday, October 8, 2007

Wherever travels and other syndrome

First, let me say I had a great time talking again with George M. Pontino, Jr on Friday. Jorje, as I call him, is Sun.Star Bacolod's former lifestyle editor. He is based in the Middle East now. I got the chance to talk to him thru Yahoo Messenger. It was a nice conversation. Thanks Jorje.

On Friday, too was the start of a long journey for David and me. He picked me up at Brockport about 5 p.m. He said he really didn't want to go out that day for his arm hurts. He tried to reach me thru Yahoo IM but I haven't had the chance to go to the school's computer lounge because of my tight schedule. Anyway, he did show up. We went to Hurds Orchard at Holley, NY, just off Brockport, to buy apple raspberry pie. Later we dined at Pineapple Jack's. I had chicken parmesan while David had chicken with alfredo sauce.


On Saturday, we went around Rochester. (If Mayor Duffy would ask for somebody to show tourist around the Rochester I'd be willing to take the challenge. I have my qualification. I am a graduate of the David W. Smith's tourism school). First we bought fruits and vegetables at the public market. You have to be there early in the morning so you'll find a place to park.


Different varieties of peppers.

Bags for the ladies.

Different variety of apples.

Red bell peppers.


Fresh cut flowers.

Scenes at the public market every Saturday.

I just learned that the place turned 102.



Then we headed off to Wickham farm. Again we lost our way, David not knowing where the place is located. We ended up in several places. Luckily, David asked somebody for direction.
The farm was nice. They offered lots of activities for the kids.


Flowers give the store a comely appeal.


Waves of pumpkins.


A tour of the farm.

Miniature golf.

Artificial trees. Children can pick their own apples for a fee.

Inside the store. Note the scarecrows on the second floor.

Driving my own tractor.


David all smile inside the store.



Then we looked at houses like it is our only pasttime.





Believe me there are many beautiful mansions near David's place.
Though David likes the houses featured above he wouldn't live in one of them. He likes ranch houses better.

Later in the evening we went to a chicken barbeque dinner at a church. The chicken was dry. Water wasn't free.

At 9:30 p.m. we headed back to the city to watch a film featured in the 15th Image Out Film Festival. It was shown at the Little Theatre.
We watched A Four Letter Word by Casper Andreas. Check on the film's website and watch the pictures featured in the gallery. Charlie David is a dreamboat. You have to see though what package Charlie David brings at the website. Here's just a portion of the film's poster:

Poster from the web
The film is hilarious and educational as well.


On Sunday, we visited the Genesee Country Village and Museum for the second time. We were amazed how many people were there. It turned out that it was their agricultural fair.



I will feature the different activities they had in my next blog. We spent several hours there. After that we ate lunch at a little diner near the museum. We forgot to list down the name of the place. They serve delicious meals.


In the evening we watched another film featured by Image Out at the Dryden Theatre. It was a Korean film. I do think it is not a gay film. I thought it would be as majestic as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon but it only relied on the plot and not on techniques.



Posters from the web


The King and the Clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment