Friday, January 26, 2007

The Cherry On The Icing




Now it can be told: it is Ilan vs Marcel in the finals of Bravotv's Top Chef. Again, one of my first picks to win the competition was chosen to enter the final round like Jeffrey Sebelia in Project Runway. Though I have to admit that I changed my mind more near at the ending of the competition. My basis was ATTITUDE. On the other hand, the two men's attitudes were my criteria as to why they should be the winners. And the fact that bought have airs in theme and so sure of their works make them interesting. But Marcel and Jeffrey are new novels on a bookstand, you could never understand why you want to grab them and browse through their pages. I rooted on Marcel at first because of his confidence (and that Son Goku-like hairdo) but I later felt that he should improve his attitude toward others. Afterall, you need to interact with people in this kind of job. Jeffrey, I think, appealed to me as someone who could bring something new to the market but also his attitude is too much. In the final runway I was in-love with Laura Bennet's and Uli what's-her-surname's clothes. Okay, too much for this individualistic outlook.

Project Runway is more appealing, to my opinion, than Top Chef. Though we are lured into watching both shows because we want to know who will be eliminated however Project Runway has the visual appeal; primarily because it is a fashion design competition. How can the viewers fully appreciate Top Chef when they cannot even taste what the contestants cooked. While in Project Runway you can see the finish product and appreciate and judge it. Can we really be sure that when one of the judges say that the food tasted salty it does mean salty? What is salty to one is not the same taste-appreciation to another. We may appreciate the visual presentation of the food but then again it is something to quench one's palate.

But let us just see who wins. Afterall Bravotv has been coming up with a good deal of shows since last year. Now it is coming up with an interior design competition next Wednesday. Hmmm, will it outshine HGTV's Design Star? Speaking of Design Star where is David Bromstad? We're craving to see his new show (and that well-chiseled chest)! This guy is truly brilliant.

And HIS HIGHNESS TIM GUNN will be having his own show! WOW!!! Now we will see and hear sane commentaries on a real expert. Kodus Tim! (as if he knows me).

No comments:

Post a Comment