Monday, August 2, 2010

Howe Caverns

The ever gracious David surprised me with a trip last month.  Knowing how I loved our trip to Luray Caverns in Virginia, David took me to Catskill, NY to visit Howe Cavern.  Though I think the NY cave is not as spectacular as the Virginia cave, the former has a charm unique to itself.  David, on the other hand, loved the whole tour as it included a boat tour.  He paid for the latern tour package which included an overnight stay at the facility's motel.  It was an international event as members of the tour were mostly from other countries like Russia, India (although I believe India now owns America owing to their ability to multiply fast in a year.  Also three to four families in a house altogether including grampa and grandma).



At the entrance of the cave.


David was amused of this tight path.

Ooops, we have company.

Chaz, the tour guide.


I wonder if some of these rocks are made in China.

The pagoda.

Chaz: "This is where Batman used to live."




Chaz: "I can move these rocks with just my bare hands."


The boat tour.



David was so amused with his lantern.  He said it's so hitech.



David couldn't contain his amazement over his hitech gadget.

The lobby of the cavern.  You have to go down the elevator to get to the caverns.










The motel where we stayed.


On the day of our departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment