Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Pa

I called home yesterday. I greeted my father with a happy birthday wish. He had just gotten out of the hospital and recovering from an enlarged heart. I almost choked while I was talking with him. My father's the best dad ever. The most mild-mannered person I've ever known. Too bad though I can't be with him on his birthday.
I also talked with my mother concerning my father's health. The hospital expenses was another thing. I talked with grandmother and my brother, too.
My brother and I are light years apart. I mean, we're not close to each other because of our age gap. We have different interests. Though we agree when it comes to cartoons.
My grandmother would have cried again talking to me but I know she controlled herself.
I miss home but sometimes you just have to sacrifice somethings to be able to help your family.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Fernelle,

    I am so sorry for what happened to your father. Your my friend and the one I admire when it comes to your prowess in literary masterpieces. My prayers that your dad will soon recover from his illness. Take care pal! I misss you.

    friend always,

    robert
    content writer
    www.uniqueinteraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert. Thank you very much for the message. I really do appreciate it. My father seemed okay when I talked to him Saturday (Sunday in the Philippines). It was his birthday. As usual they prepared "nilaga". God, I miss that dish. Wish I could prepare it here. I can in anyway, however, I have to eat it all by myself. David's physician is urging him to lower his triglyceride level.

    Thanks and take care.

    ReplyDelete