Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm Ready for Parenthood

David convinced me to go with him to Barnes and Noble here in Pittsford on Thursday. He, along with his co-officers in the retired teachers' association in rochester, picked up books for the kids as part of their project.


I really didn't want to go because I would end up buying something (good thing I didn't). But anyway, when he was done he caught up with me by the magazine area. He browsed through a book about architectural wonders around the world. He'd point out that he'd been to this place and that like Germany, London, etc. I was looking at several magazines about web publication and photoshop because I will be taking Web Design and Publication next semester.



We were sitting on a bench, minding our own business, when an army of tiny tots came in the bookstore with their teacher. They were probably from a day care center, David and I remarked. The teacher instructed the kids to follow her to the escalator. David was so amused by the scene, remembering his days as a teacher. Two of the kids refused to go. It was too late for the teacher to grab them. They were in the lobby. She shouted for them to stay on their place and she'd fetch them. One poor little girl was so afraid that she began sobbing. It was a big store for a small creature. At first, she looked at me and began to choke. Then she looked left and right and found no one to turn to, then cried. She looked at me again. Feeling a sense of compassion, I waved at her to come to me. The poor little thing rushed to me and hugged me. She cried but I hushed her. She's probably two to three years old.


David laughed at me.


Well what can say. I can't help it when I look like Mother Theresa.



The teacher went down the escalator, with all the children in tow. There were probably 10 of them. I carried the little girl back to her teacher who thanked me.



Maybe I am really to become a parent.


I'm not ready to become pregnant yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment