Monday, November 26, 2007

Unexpected Responses

About a week ago my article about a mediaman from Asia who visited in SUNY Brockport was published on-line. It took me awhile to submit the article because I was adamant that its content might spur several reaction. The school newspaper has published a portion of it, minus the name. Later, I decided to e-mail my interview with Mr. Khan Sophirom from Cambodia to Sun.Star Bacolod for publication as I want to share his experience as an Asian journalist and media practitioner. Also, I find his country's system of governance quite the same as the Philippines. I mean, some government officials in the Philippines were told by the President not to issue statements to the press nor appear in front of an investigative committee to answer questions. Such actions taken by the highest official of the country is of course pathetic and suspicious.

I gave a note to my good friend Acting Ed in Chief, Ambo, who is by the way getting married next year (Congrats, Bo!) not to send it to the webmaster for online publication. The print edition is enough, I indicated.

I thought my request would be honored. I was wrong. It appeared online. I didn't mind it. This happens all the time.


Few days after it came out I found a match of my name from a blog, quoting the article I wrote. Now, it generated a multitude of comments (20 as of last count). Even more disturbing are the documents attached to the comments. But the ultimate is a threat to have those who posted comments, though anonymous, killed (I will order Hun Sen kill all of you. From Viet Man).

I value some attention, too. However, this is a bit too much.

I gave my professor a copy of my article and a copy of the article posted on the blog, the comments included. She said, "Oh, I have to inform the UN about this." She is yet to read the comments. I don't know if she'll be glad about it. David is getting worried.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment