Thursday, February 21, 2008

Snows Falling on Brockport

My friend from the Philippines and I were able to chat last night through yahoo. He was asking me about snow and would like snow as a present if I ever get back home. Like, yeah, snow as a present. It is so funny because that is what I also told my former high classmate's mother when she came home from the States. She was telling me about snow and the weather. Then, I told her in jest, "Tita, bring me naman some snow when you come back from your next US trip." She ignored what I said of course.

In my first correspondence with other international students here one student from Asia was so excited to experience winter. "I love snow," she said. Well, she's not anymore enrolled this year. I wonder if she quit school because of the snow or has graduated. My American friends would ask me over and over if I love wintertime. Well, I honestly tell them that I was so excited with my first experience with snow but as the days progress I was cursing at the top of my head because of the coldness. Now, undestand why most people here in Upstate New York fly to Florida or Vegas during these months.

To give you a glimpse of what is it like during wintertime here, here are some pictures I took at SUNY Brockport campus.



I dare you to sit on this bench. I dare you!





Let it snow, let it snow.





Poor little tree.





Yeah, where's the snowman if you might ask. He is inside the building warming himself.




What if it is your job to shovel this area? Would you accept the job?










One of the oldest building at SUNY Brockport, the Hartwell Hall.







Here are your boulders of ice. Go make yourself some halo-halo.





Plants "die" and are reborn in Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment