Thursday, February 21, 2008

There Will Be No Atonement for Old Men

Sunday David and I went to see There Will be Blood which starred two-time Academy Award winner Daniel Day-Lewis (My Left Foot and The Last of the Mohicans) and Paul Dano of Little Miss Sunshine fame. I am glad that Dano was able to sustain his acting all throughout the film, primarily because he was paired with an actor of top caliber. Paul Thomas Anderson's directorial strategy was engaging, primarily because he focused the story on Day-Lewis and Dano. I was surprised that Dano wasn't nominated for an Academy for a supporting role when he provided justice to his role as a power-obssessed church leader. There is no dispute that Day-Lewis will bag this year's acting award for a lead role.

David and I watched No Country for Old Men and Atonement last time. We saw La Vie En Rose on DVD. He watched The Kite Runner while I watched Juno at the Little Theater.

Meanwhile, the top four finalists for Project Runway competition were officially chosen. They were Christian Siriano, Jillian Lewis, Rami Kazou and Chris March. The person who was eliminated last time was Sweet P. However, Rami and Chris will have to show three pieces from their final collection (judges will then select one of these two to be in the final competition) along with Jillian and Christian. The judges were caught in a deadlock last time as to whom they will be sending to the Olympus Fashion Week (although I saw the fashion event's ad in The New York Times first week of February. So, the winner probably was selected already. By the way, the final four were on Regis and Kelly Tuesday promoting Project Runway).

On the other hand, it is comforting that Ramiele Malubay received positive feedback from the American Idol judges, esp. Simon Cowell, when she performed last night. Although I personally wasn't too impressed with her performance (as I have been accustomed to hearing powerful oices in singing competitions back home) I am, in a way, glad that she delivered. She may end up in the finals. David Archuleta also performed well Tuesday night.


I haven't watched the new edition of Make Me a Supermodel because I was busy with other things. I hope Ronnie wasn't eliminated. No please Lord, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment