Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tears

Last Thursday I was able to talk with my grandmother. I wasn't able to talk with her last time because she was at the funeral home and far from the phone. She has to be guided when walking. She had a stroke several years ago.

I called home Thursday to tell my mother I have sent her more money to cover the funeral expenses of my father. when my grandmother heard my voice she completely lost it. She cried so hard that I had to comfort her. She loved my father more than her own sons. My father never failed to provided my grandmother the comfort that she needed. They talked a lot because my father was into farming and my grandmother used to own a little farm and sold vegetables and fruits. My father consulted my gram about farming methods and strategies. They had the same passions. My father used to kiss my grandma on the head and that made her smile.

My poor grandma cried so hard that I also choked. My father was everything to us both.

Lastly, Idol Darren, my former co-worker at Sun.Star Bacolod sent me the funeral/burial photos through email. I cried so hard David had to comfort me.

Life will never be the same again without my father.



I am totally indebt to a lot of people who helped my family morally, spiritually and financially especially to my church family at Mendon. I will never forget you guys. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment