Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dansville Sojourn

David decided that we head to Dansville, his hometown, today. We were supposed to go there tommorow for a meeting at his church for their 200th year anniversary celebration, but the sun was up and there was no sign of snow or rain, although the air was so cold. The forecast said it's going to be colder tomorrow. So he decided it is better to go down to Dansville and attend the potluck dinner in his church there than suffer the cold weather tomorrow. (There's a feast anyhow.


On our way, we stopped at our favorite antique place. It is nice to look at items which you thought nobody would ever save but are really valuable items. The store is four floors. You need a day and a half to go through all the itmes being sold there. I was looking for buttons. I saw a bottle of it last year when we visited the place. But today I only found a bag of old old buttons which I cannot use for my craft. I decided I'd rather buy my buttons at Michael's.
It is funny to hear David scream whenever he finds a thing similar to what he has or had at his house. "Oh, we used to have this kind...," "Oh, Lord, I can't believe I saw this thing again. We used to have this at my mother's house," etc. etc.
Anyway, if you ever head out to Hornell, hometown of Bill Pullman, please visit Erie Line Antique Center.

The antique store.

No comments:

Post a Comment